Because it’s pretty basic stuff.
Ammonia is a naturally occurring gas produced by bacteria in soil due to the decomposition of organic matter. Ammonia is also one of the most manufactured chemicals in the United States. In 2010 the global production of ammonia was 131,000,000 metric tons, of which 8,253,000 tons were produced in the US.
80% of manufactured ammonia in the US is used for agricultural purposes. The other 20% is used the manufacturing of plastics, explosives, textiles, pesticides, dyes, and cleaning products. When ammonia is dissolved in water it is called ammonium hydroxide. Consumer cleaning products can contain between 5-10% ammonium hydroxide, while industrial products contain up to 30%.
Exposure to ammonia occurs through the skin and inhalation of vapors. Higher concentrations of ammonia are caustic and corrosive. This means that it can cause chemical burns both on the outside and inside of the body. Lower concentrations can still irritate the skin and the epithelial tissue lining the trachea and lungs.
For More Information Regarding Ammonia: